Tuesday, July 3, 2018


So, this painting won the Painting Award at the Westmoreland Art Nationals this weekend. Which is very confusing because I'd already won that award at that show for this painting -


Turns out, the same collection of artwork is displayed in two different venues and they do a different judging with different judges at each one. Weird, right?

Anyway, I'm very proud of the awards. I guess since I keep winning awards at it I should do more of this painting thing.


What I'm working on now is an experiment. I haven't used gouache paint since art school, where I remember being frustrated by it. So, I'm going to try a gouache painting of this sketch to see if I'm any better at it 45 years later. Also, why is gouache so damned hard to spell?

Keep your fingers crossed. It's too hard for me to paint with mine crossed.

No comments: