Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Yoy and double-yoy, you'd think I'd be able to keep some new stuff up on this page wouldn't you? It's been a crazy-busy past couple of months. Working on illustrating 3 books for Penguin Random House, some fun scifi magazine illustrations and a few illustrations for Cobblestone Magazine about conservationists.











Also, finally got back to the easel. Spend enough time away from it and you wind up feeling intimidated by the prospect of sitting down in front of it again. Happy to say I'm pleased with what I'm working on. It's an experiment, oils on gessoed paper with a toned wash. Normally my wash would be a neutral or contrasting color to the main subject but this time I went with a nearly skin-tone color. Interesting, but I don't think I'd do it again.


No comments: