Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Wow, I went from being so slammed with work I couldn't sleep to having so little work I can't sleep. You'd think after 40 years of this I'd be used to the ups and downs, but, sadly, no.

Anyway, I have had some work in the studio to keep me out of mischief.

I got to do another in the series of posters for Eat N Park Hospitality Group. These are in-house safety posters using the department head VPs as the subjects. My client said they're so popular that people are vying to be on the next one each month.

This is a vector logo I drew for my friends' series of how-to classes. They make the best stuff out of what you would think is junk. Very cool stuff.

Capitalizing on the new technique I'm using for the safety posters, I drew (painted?) this sample to send to my publisher, Penguin Random House, to try to get to do the covers for the books I illustrate the interiors of. No dice. I've never seen anything as compartmentalized as the publishing world.



And, lastly, these are some of the finished illustrations for the bio of Nikola Tesla I'm working on. Can you tell I'm having big fun?

No comments: