Friday, August 18, 2017

Yikes, it's been a long time since I've been here. It's been slow in the studio so I've been working on some personal projects. Take a look:

An oil on canvas painting of my wife in her happy place.


An oil on paper painting of Edward Pigford, Pittsburgh resident and survivor of the Battle of the Little Bighorn. Her returned to Pittsburgh after the battle and spent his later years trading his story for drinks in taverns. Unfortunately, I was too busy in the studio to get this done for the Pittsburgh Society of Illustrators show in time. Oh well, at least it's a good sample.


I've always loved drawing with pen and ink. I have a HUGE collection of fountain pens from when I used to draw on paper. I wanted to see if I could get the same feel digitally and I'm pretty happy with how this Photoshop rendering came out.



Of course, I couldn't resist adding color to my line art. The color was done in ArtRage5. If you haven't tried that program you don't know what you're missing.


This painting of Puddles Pity Party was started before he wound up on America's Got Talent. BTW, why isn't it called America Has Talent? Wouldn't that be easier on the tongue? Anyway, it's oil on paper, which is a technique I'm really enjoying.

No comments: